My recital of American songs was included in the programme of “Music in the City 2012“. The event, Music in the City, was set up by a small group of people who want to make more of the music in Southampton. The project aimed to:
- º Help music in Southampton get the recognition it deserves;
- º Promote the great range of music in this city;
- º Get more people involved in music – singing, playing, learning, performing, and enjoying;
- º Support the music-making that improves many peoples’ health and happiness in life ;
- º Bring music to places where it doesn’t usually happen, like our historic buildings;
- º Bring together the music communities in Southampton; and
- º Hold a showcase festival every year to celebrate and get people involved.
Gilly and I performed a lunchtime concert in the Southampton City Art Gallery, surrounded by their fantastic paintings exhibition, a rare and unknown jewell conserved in one of the oldest and most glorious building of the City.
Music in the City 2012, 3 October 2012, 1 pm
City Art Gallery, Southampton, UK
“Pardon My English”, Music from the American Musical Theatre
“Pardon My English”, Music from American Musical Theatre
The Man I Love
Let’s call the whole thing off (from Shall we Dance)
Gilly Slot, Piano